Information Technology and EBTV Department
Salaried Full-Time (101)
35 hours per week, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.; evening and weekend hours, as needed
The Network Administrator manages the library local area network (LAN) and wireless network, including servers, PCs, firewall, network switches, wireless access controller, printers and related equipment; configures and optimizes the network, diagnoses resolves application and hardware problems and supports all technical aspects of EBTV video streaming, video on demand, Community Bulletin Board and integrates all of the above into the Township network.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The Network Administrator must have a working knowledge of network systems including:
- Windows 2012 and 2012/R2 Server;
- CentOS or other equivalent Linux server OS’s
- Microsoft, Exchange Server, SQL Server, Internet Information Server, and MySQL Server
- Microsoft SQL, MySQL and Access database structure and query language;
- PowerShell, Bash, Windows 7/10 operating systems;
- Linux or Unix operating systems;
- Virtual Box, Hyper-V Server
- Windows Terminal Services, Citrix VDI and/or LTSPÂ
- RAID systems;
- IPS and IDS technologies
- 802.1q IP Traffic Management
- Scripting, batch file creation, registry editing,
- MSI deployment,
- entry-level programming, including but not limited to web languages such as HTML or PHP;
- Basic Switch Configuration including Access Control Lists;
- Firewalls, ports and protocols including but not limited to packet, routing, and VPNs;
- Microsoft SCCM and DPM
- TCP/IP networking, routing, switching and subnetting;
- Microsoft Office 365;
- Internet browsers including enterprise deployment and configuration;
- Systems utilities and Systems security software; and
- VOIP systems implementation.
- The Network Administrator must have the ability to rapidly acquire the knowledge and skills required to manage ever-changing network systems and applications and analyze software programs and program adjustments. The Network Administrator must be able to prioritize and manage work time efficiently.
Minimum Training and Experience:
The Network Administrator must have any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science or certification as a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist for Exchange 2013, Windows Server 2012 R2, and SQL Server 2014, and a minimum of two years’ experience in administering a local area network.
$54,018 and up, depending upon training and experience
Chris Hyde, Director of Information Technology
By 5:00 p.m. Friday, May 15, 2015. The position may be filled prior to the application deadline. Application forms are available in the Administration Office and at the Information Services desk at The Library and on The Library website above right.
Send resume, cover letter, application, and links to two samples of your work to Maryann Ralph, The Library, 2 Jean Walling Civic Center, East Brunswick, NJ 08816. or by email email@example.com.
Click on the image above for The Library's employment application that you can fill out on your computer. The application is an Adobe Reader (PDF) file and Adobe Reader is required to view and print it. You can download Adobe Reader here. Adobe Reader is free.