Information Technology and EBTV Department
Permanent Part-Time (102)
9 hours per week,including one evening and one weekend day.
General Description:The Computer Technical Support Specialist diagnoses, analyzes, and resolves complex hardware and software problems; and installs and configures hardware, software and peripheral equipment.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
The Computer Technical Support Specialist must have a working knowledge of:
- The operation, uses, maintenance and repair of PCs and peripheral equipment;
- Windows 7/8.1, Microsoft Office 2013, SCCM;
- TCP/IP networking protocols; Internet browsers;
- PC software applications; and
The ability to:
- Understand and carry out written and oral instructions;
- Evaluate and resolve computer equipment and network connection problems;
- Search the Internet for technical support information and software and hardware upgrades; and
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
Education and Experience:
The Computer Technical Support Specialist must have any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school and completion of Administering Microsoft Windows course from a Microsoft authorized training center or accredited college or university and experience in troubleshooting, maintaining and upgrading PC hardware, operating systems, and applications software
22.15 per hour
Christopher Hyde, Director of Township IT
By 5:00 p.m. Friday, August 14, 2015. The position may be filled prior to the application deadline. Applications are available on The Library website above right. Send resume and letter to Maryann Ralph, Assistant Director, The Library, 2 Civic Center, East Brunswick, NJ 08816. Resumes and application, and cover letter may be emailed to Maryann Ralph.
Hourly Part-Time (102)
12 hours per week: Wednesday 7-11pm, Friday 4-8pm and Saturday 4-8pm
- Clean the Library, including but not limited to; scrubbing restrooms, vacuuming, dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures and washing windows and walls.
- Accommodate the public using The Library and the meeting rooms.
- Break down meeting rooms at the end of the evening or prepare rooms for the following morning.
- Maintain security of the building when closed to the public.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
This position requires a person who is thorough in his/her work and is able to work without supervision. Clear language skills for interactions with the public are required.
Minimum Training and Experience:
This position requires a person who is at least 18 years of age with a high school diploma or GED. Previous cleaning experience is preferred. A valid driverâ€™s license and a good driving record is required.
$9.55 per hour and up depending on experience
Nels Peterson, Maintenance Director
By Friday, August 14, 2015. The position may be filled prior to the application deadline. Application forms are available in the Administration Office and on The Library website here.
Send applications to Maryann Ralph, Mralph@ebpl.org
VIDEO PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
HOURLY PART-TIME (103)
Varies as needed but no more than 10 hours/week; evenings and weekends required
- Operate camera for East Brunswick High School sports events and Town Council meetings
- Assist in studio and on location productions as camera operator, audio technician or in other capacities
- Assist in pre-production and post-production of programs
- Handle inquiries made about EBTV in person and by telephone
- Other duties as assigned
This position requires an individual who has a valid NJ driver's license. Ability to focus, follow sports action and carry gear is required. Coursework in video production and hands-on experience in the field is helpful but not necessary. We will train. High School or College student familiar with the technology and use of video production equipment may also apply
9.25 per hour
Dave Ambrosy, EBTV Supervisor
By 5pm Friday, August 21, 2015. This position may be filled prior to the application deadline. Applications are available on the Library web site here. Submit application, resume and a sample video of your work to Maryann Ralph, Assistant Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the image above for The Library's employment application that you can fill out on your computer. The application is an Adobe Reader (PDF) file and Adobe Reader is required to view and print it. You can download Adobe Reader here. Adobe Reader is free.