Sign Up for Defensive Driving Classes
Come register for the popular Defensive Driving Course, sponsored by the Friends of the Library. The two-day course will be held on Monday, Dec. 19, and Tuesday, Dec. 20, from 6:30 to 10 p.m. at the East Brunswick Public Library. Registration is required and seating is limited to 30 people.
Eligible motorists can erase two points from their driver’s license and/or get a five percent discount on a portion of their auto insurance. Participants must attend two consecutive evenings for credit. Course costs vary according to goal: for a 2 point reduction on your license, $65, for an insurance discount, $55. For both, the cost is $65. Attendance is mandatory and refunds cannot be given for partial attendance. Applications are available at the Circulation desk or online.
Approved by the State of New Jersey, the course is taught by an experienced police detective-accident investigator. No vehicle is needed, as it is conducted in a classroom setting with multimedia aids. For more information call 732-257-2967 or e-mail email@example.com. Download the registration form by logging on to www.ebpl.org. Checks should be made payable to E.B. Friends of the Library. Sponsored by the Friends of the Library.
Library Anywhere App for Mobile Devices Boasts a New Feature: Scan a Barcode!
Use the new feature of the Library Anywhere app for Android and Apple Mobile devices (Blackberry support is coming soon) to scan barcodes and then see if the item you scanned is in the library's collection. Use the app to place a hold on the item.
There are two steps before you begin:
- You have to install the Library Anywhere App (search for it in the Andoid Market or Itunes/Ipod/Iphone/Ipad App Store)
- You have to have a barcode scanning application installed, such as Google Goggles, RedLaser, ScanLife, etc.
After you have these two applications installed, and have set LibraryAnywhere to use our Library as the default library, you simply follow these directions:
- Open the Library Anywhere App.
- Click on the “…” icon, and choose “Scan a barcode”
- If you have more than one scanning app, you will be prompted to select which one.
- Line up the books ISBN barcode in your camera screen.
- When you have it lined up correctly, it will display the text “Found Book”
- You will then see a loading page…….. Followed by the listing in our catalog, letting you know that it has found the book, and what the status of the book is (checked in, checked out, etc.).
- If you are logged into the system with your barcode and pin, you can place a hold on the item.
Archive By Date