Learn How to Recreate the Romance in Your Relationship
Visit with "Dr. Bonnie" and get some easy to learn techniques on how to fall back in love with your partner. Voted 2011 America’s Best Therapist by Psychology Today, New York Magazine and the Chamber of Commerce, Dr. Bonnie’s easy, daily skills and dialogue will bring you back to the romance you had when you first met. Everyone is welcome to enjoy this informative program on how to spice up and make your relationship sizzle all year round. This free program is sponsored by the Friends of the Library.
Dr Bonnie Eaker Weil is an internationally renowned Relationship Expert, and was voted 2011 America’s Best Therapist by Psychology Today, New York Magazine and the Chamber of Commerce. She is known as the “Adultery Buster” and the No. 1 "Love Expert" She is the author of “Make Up, Don't Break Up,” 2010 New York Times Readers Choice Award as the Best Relationship Book. Dr. Weil’s book was recently named in USA Today and the Super Bowl Sunday Sports section of The New York Times. She has appeared in a 3-day series on the Today Show, Good Morning America, 5 appearances on Oprah!, a documentary on OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network), Discovery Health titled Unfaithful, CNN and The View. Visit Dr. Bonnie at www.doctorbonnie.com.
Free Tech Coaching!
Saturday, June 9th 10 a.m. - 12 noon and Monday, June 11th 4-6 p.m.
Want to finally set up that email account/Facebook page, or learn how to text? Bring in your gadget or just yourself to get personal help from our Teen Tech Coaches on Saturday June 9th from 10 a.m. to 12 noon and Monday, June 11th from 4 - 4 p.m. Look for us near the Computer Lab at the table marked “Geek League”!
EBTV EBHS Spring Sports Schedule 2012
The Spring Television Schedule is as follows:
- 4/3 - Boys Lacrosse v So Brunswick will be televised 4/5 @ 8 p.m.; 4/7 @ 4 p.m.; 4/8 @ 8 p.m.
- 4/5 -Girls Lacrosse v No Brunswick will be televised 4/12 @ 8 p.m.;4/14 @ 4 p.m.; 4/15 @ 8 p.m.
- 4/19 - Girls Lacrosse v JP Stevens will be televised 4/21 @ 4 p.m.; 4/22 @ 8 p.m.; 4/26 @ 8 p.m.
- 5/2 - Boys Volleyball v West Windsor will be televised 5/5 @ 4 p.m.; 5/6 @ 8 p.m.; 5/13 @ 4 p.m.
- 5/8 - Boys Volleyball v No Brunswick will be televised 5/10 @ 8 p.m.; 5/12 @ 4 p.m.; 5/13 @ 8 p.m.
There There will be no Marathon this time. The calendar does not permit it.
May Computer Training at the Library
Register now for the East Brunswick Public Library’s latest computer class offerings. May offers something for everyone with classes for beginners and more advanced students alike.
Beginners can register for our Email Basics, Parts I and II classes for users who are new to web-based email. Registrants must have basic Internet skills to attend this class!
For More Advanced Users
More advanced users can sign up for the Microsoft Office suite of classes. This month we are offering four levels of Microsoft Word, four levels of Excel, and PowerPoint II.
Microsoft Word IV
Students will learn advanced Word document formatting and editing skills in this class. Content will cover using and creating styles and templates, inserting a table of contents (the easy way once you have employed styles), themes, cross references, reviewing documents and password protection. Offered in Office 2010.
Prerequisites: MS Word III or intermediate Word processing skills, including copying and pasting, editing and saving, multitasking and more. Attendees must be able to easily navigate to shared files and be comfortable typists.
Introduction to QuickBooks Level I
A new three part introductory series to the popular small business financial software begins with this course offered on Saturday, May 19th. [Dates for Levels II and III are Saturdays, June 2nd and 16th respectively.] These classes are designed for individuals who are just starting out with QuickBooks and have a working knowledge of the Windows environment.
- QuickBooks Level I will introduce users to the interface, show how to set up a company’s QuickBooks, and how to begin to add and work with customers, vendors, accounts and inventory.
- QuickBooks, Level II will include working with your accounts, recording sales information, handling payments, and, time permitting, entering and paying bills.
- QuickBooks, Level III, the final course in the series, will cover payroll basics, handling sales tax, customizing QuickBook forms, and using reports in QuickBooks.
The fee for each course is $50. Advance registration and prepayment is required. See the event in the calendar for the specifics on registration and cancellation.
- PowerPoint II, Tuesday, May 1st at 7 p.m.;
- PC Literacy I, Thursday, May 3rd at 7 p.m.;
- Excel Basics, Saturday, May 5th at 9:30 a.m.;
- Introduction to Microsoft Word, Tuesday, May 8th at 7 p.m.;
- Email Basics Part I, Wednesday, May 9th at 2 p.m.;
- Excel II, Thursday, May 10th at 7:00 p.m.;
- Introduction to the New Microsoft Office, Saturday, May 12th at 9:30 a.m.;
- MS Word II, Tuesday, May 15th at 7 p.m.;
- Excel III, Thursday, May 17th at 7 p.m.;
- Intro to QuickBooks, Level I, Saturday, May 19th at 9:30 a.m.
- EmailBasics Part II, Wednesday, May 23rd at 2 p.m.;
- MS Word III, Thursday, May 24th at 7 p.m.;
- Word IV, Tuesday, May 29th at 7 p.m.;
- Excel IV, Thursday, May 31st at 7 p.m.
All courses are offered using the latest Microsoft software - Windows 7 and Office 2010. Registration is required. All registrants should look at the class offerings carefully to insure that they have the necessary skills for each class. Most classes are two hours long and limited to 12 students per class.
There is a $5 fee for cardholders and a $10 fee for non-cardholders with the exception of the QuickBooks classes ($50 each. See class description above about payment requirements). Fees will be added to a cardholder’s account and paid for at the Circulation desk. Register at the Library, by phone or by going to the event in the website Calendar and clicking on the Sign Me Up link. Your library card and PIN numbers will be required. Non-cardholders must pay at the time of registration, i.e. registrations must be in person.
Beginning with the February 2012 class schedule, fees for computer class registrations are NOT refundable, so please be aware that you are making a definite commitment to attend a class when you register. Managing all of the changes in customer computer class registrations has been a very large job and has required staff hours which the library no longer has. The library would ask that you think of this as a small donation for all of the hours that are put in to running the classes.
If you cannot attend
If you cannot attend a class for which you have registered the Library would ask that as a courtesy to other registrants who may be waitlisted for that class that you call 732-390-6767 to cancel your registration or cancel your registration online so that they might have the opportunity to attend.
Waitlisted registrants will be notified by email and/or telephone as soon as there is a vacancy in a class. They will have 24 hours to respond to the notification. If they do not respond within that time frame, the next person on the waiting list will be notified. Once a commitment to attend has been made, that registration is subject to the same cancellation policy noted above. They do not pay unless there is a cancellation and they are admitted to the class proper.
For more information, please call 732-390-6767.
ExpressCheck and Credit Card Payments are Here!
See http://www.ebpl.org/main/OnlinePayment.cfm for more information.
In addition to the option of checking out and renewing their library items at the 2 new self-service checkout stations, customers may also pay library fines and fees with credit cards!
The Library now accepts payment using Discover, MasterCard or Visa Credit and most pin-less debit cards. Customers have the option of paying online, through the use of our new SmartPay portal, or in person at the new ExpressCheck checkout stations. East Brunswick Public Library is offering this service in an effort to help make our services easier for our patrons to use. Click on the link below for more information on online payment.
Sign Up for Defensive Driving Courses
Get a 5 percent discount on your auto insurance or erase points from you or your teen’s driver’s license by attending the next two-day East Brunswick Friends of the Library’s Defensive Driving Course. Scheduled for Monday, April 30, and Tuesday, May 1, from 6:30 to 10 p.m., eligible drivers can erase two points from their driver’s license and/or get a five percent discount for three years on a portion of their auto insurance by attending both sessions.
Approved by the State of New Jersey, the course is taught by an experienced police detective-accident investigator. Participants must attend two consecutive evenings for credit. Course costs vary according to goal: for a 2 point reduction on your license, $65, for an insurance discount, $55. For both, the cost is $65. Attendance is mandatory and refunds cannot be given for partial attendance. Applications are available at the Circulation desk or online. Registration is required and seating is limited to 30 people.
No vehicle is needed, as it is conducted in a classroom setting with multimedia aids. For more information call 732-257-2967 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Download the registration form by clicking on the link below. Checks should be made payable to E.B. Friends of the Library. Sponsored by the Friends of the Library.
The Library to Offer Downloadable Music from Website
The service will allow the East Brunswick Public Library to increase the size and diversity of its collection by offering access to hundreds of thousands of songs.
Under the terms of the agreement, registered card holders of the East Brunswick Public Library can download a select number of Sony Music tracks in the MP3 format each month at no direct cost. The library will underwrite the purchase of the music. Download one of your favorite songs now!
Other libraries participating in the launch include the Princeton (NJ) Public Library, Maricopa County Library District (AZ), Orange County Public Library (FL), Nashville Public Library (TN) and Fairfield Public Library (CT).
“We have been waiting a long time for a service like this that delivers great music, compatibility with lots of devices and simplicity of use. We think this will be incredibly popular with our patrons and will help the library in marketing all its services to the community,” said Megan Doyle, Manager of Adult and Technical Services.
“Sony Music has an incredibly expansive and popular catalog and we are really excited to partner with them on this, a very important product for libraries,” said Brian Downing, co-founder of Library Ideas. “A library is a focal point of the community that requires many tools to excite people about library resources. More than anything, that is the reason for the service.”
- Freegal is a free music download service that allows you (with an East Brunswick Public Library card in good standing) to download and KEEP up to 3 songs a week - choose from hundreds of popular artists.
- You will be able to keep track of your downloads in the upper right corner of the site. Every song has a sample clip you can listen to before you download.
- If you run out of downloads for the week, you can go to "My Wishlist" in the upper right corner and queue up for future music.
- The downloads on this site are all in MP3 format with no DRM. This service will work with any MP3 player, including iPod, and can be loaded into iTunes. It works on both PCs and Macs.
- Be sure to check out the browsing areas, especially Artists A to Z (bottom of page) and the genre lists (menu bar). Click on see all genres to view dozens of categories.
A Night of Shakespearean Entertainment
Enjoy an evening of romantic comedy and intrigue as three Mason Gross Drama School students present a humorous take on love and a glimpse at a murderously scheming king. Come by for a performance by Kotryna Gecaite, Caitlin Rigney and Eliza Simpson, who will bring to life scenes from Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night" and "Richard III." The audience will laugh at scenes of mistaken identity and gender-bending disguises then cringe at the actions of this power-hungry, charismatic ruler. The actors will also present several monologues from Shakespeare's works. All are welcome to this free presentation! This free program is sponsored by the East Brunswick Arts Commission.
Archive By Date